Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Settlers 7 Offline Fix

Ubi's servers servers are still full of fail, so heres how to get around that problem. This only works on the 1.02 version, and so far there hasn't been one that works with newer versions.

1. Install the game.

2. Download and install the 1.02 patch:
Mirror 1: http://www.atomicgamer.com/files/85230/the-settlers-7-paths-to-a-kingdom-patch-1-02

3. Download the fix:
Mirror 1: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NVY7HJ7I
Mirror 2: http://www.4shared.com/file/9bNLo25E/S7Fix.html

4. Go to the game's install directory (usually C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\The Settlers 7 - Paths to a Kingdom\). Copy over the "The Settlers7.exe" into the folder, and replace the file thats there already. Then follow the route of the data folder in the zip and copy the two dlls into the matching folder in the Settlers 7 directory (eg C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\The Settlers 7 - Paths to a Kingdom\Data\Base\_Dbg\Bin\Release) and replace the ones in there.

The game will not need to be online anymore.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

IF IT REALLY WORKS IT WOULD BE GREAT ..

Yagami said...

All I can say is it worked for me. I have tested it on two machines, neither of them were connected to the internet, and the game worked on both.

I am sorry that it didn't work for you.

If you are using a linux system you do have to crack the ubisoft launcher as well as the game. That might be the case if you are running the game on a Mac too.

The ubi launcher crack is here, in case you need it: http://www.4shared.com/file/h4WmO59t/ubiorbitapi_r2.html

It goes in C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher

Also, make sure you have game version 1.02. This will not work with any other game version.

sgt_hawk_eye said...

Worked perfectly. Cheers.

Skip said...

Hi, I can't get this to work on Mac at all, I think the problem might be that I can't find a way to upgrade to version 1.02, how did you manage this on linux? Cheers

Yagami said...

Hi Skip

this way might work for the mac, I have no way of testing it, but worth giving it a try right?

just install the game, don't update.

download this: http://www.2shared.com/file/Op7YDrgx/s7102cr.html

the default install on a mac osx I think is /Applications/The Settlers 7 - Paths to a Kingdom.localized/Settlers7.app/Contents/Resources/transgaming/c_drive/The Settlers 7/ so just work from there, copying things into the right directories from the zip.

that updates the game to version 1.02, and has the crack files there, so you should be able to just play after. like I said, this might not work for you, but it is the only other way I know. I hope it helps some.

John said...

That's just it. Never buy ubisoft games. If you do buy - it trouble for you all the way. I love settlers 7, great game, but EVERY month there's something new wrong with the bloody ubisoft game launcher.
Crashes, update problems, fake bans, always when you just have your priceless hour for gaming - the ubisoft launcher renders you unable to play.
To hell with it. I hope this fix works.
I also hope good people from Blue Byte think twice before degrading their good games with ubisoft again.

Anonymous said...

anymore alternate download sites?

Anonymous said...

Hey, guys... I already downloaded the fix.. and also followed the steps to do it. But whenever I run the Settlers7.exe it only opens an MS. DOS intro for razor1911... I never got into the game.. what's going on?? can anyone help me???

Anonymous said...

Yagami, the 2shared link you posted is 1.86Gb, is that an update O.O?

Paul said...

Hey, i did all the steps needed for mac, it launches now (before it wanted to update etc), but after the screen goes black, it just hangs there, while the cpu is getting some heavy load...

So, is this normal (should i wait over 5min)? Or is there a way to fix it?
Also, do i have to enable/disable all the network connections the game is trying to do?