Saturday, June 19, 2010

Ultima IX: Ascension Stability Fix

Stability problems galore with this one, it either crashes somewhere in the game or won't even start. Thankfully this is easily fixed.

1. Install the game from the cd.

2. Download and install the official 1.18 patch:
Mirror 1: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XQTEO2RP
Mirror 2: http://www.4shared.com/file/rzI155_z/u9patch118.html

3. Download and install the unofficial 1.19 patch:
Mirror 1: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4UWB8VK9
Mirror 2: http://www.4shared.com/file/nSGFzz6r/u9ver119.html

The unofficial patch fixes the problems, as well as removing the cd protection and the "too many items" bug (if you've played this for any amount of time you'll know how annoying that is).

For windows Vista or 7 it might be a good idea to change the compatability to XP or even 98/ME.

---------------------------

Reply to Gruck

Sometimes the game is funny about installing, so there are two options for you to try. Keep in mind that I don't know if the game itself will work even if you get it to install, it wasn't made for 64-bit systems, so I can't say for sure.

1. put the cd in the drive and close the autorun

2. goto My Computer, right-click the cd drive and click Open

3. select the Setup.exe and SetupInstall.exe. Right-click and select Properties.

4. click the Compatability tab and select Windows 95 compatability.

Double clicking the setup.exe should now start the install.

Alternatively you can download my copy, which I rush installed the other day (it doesn't need the cd to run and it has both patches installed). You may want to change the screen resolution as it is set for mine (1440x900). To change this double-click the FinalSetup.exe, it allows you to change the settings. Don't change the textures from 16-bit though, as the others aren't installed and the game will not work.

Single zip:
Mirror 1: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=A6S04YC9

Split rar:
http://www.4shared.com/file/RNwb9GKj/uixpart1.html
http://www.4shared.com/file/8RrK1pT3/uixpart2.html
http://www.4shared.com/file/GgUFIZ7Y/uixpart3.html

Just unzip it to wherever you want it & play. You might need to change the compatability of it though (windows 95 or 98 or xp depending on how nice the game's feeling), but try running it first because you might not need to.

10 comments:

Gruck said...

I've tried setting Windows compatibility to Windows XP, and even Windows 98, but I can not run the Ultima IX installation program. Is there any help for those of us trying to install Ultima IX on a 64-bit system?

Yagami said...

I edited the post to include some things that might help getting the game installed.

Anonymous said...

It seems the download link to part 2 is not working (could download the other 1&3...) Any solution answer to that? THis is the link I speak of: http://www.4shared.com/file/8RrK1pT3/uixpart2.html

Yagami said...

The link is right, believe it or not. If you copy & paste the link into your browser it should go there properly.

If you still have a problem with getting the file, don't worry, I am putting the files on my own server to avoid things like this. So tomorrow a link should be up.

Anonymous said...

I am running Win 7 64bit and after I installed the patches 1.8official and the 1.9 unofficial and the game is running wonderfuly. dows anybody know how to apply the Beautiful Britania patch?

Anonymous said...

according to their website the beautiful britannia mod works on windows 7, anything past the R1 version of it (most recent version is r3) and it should work with the unofficial 1.19 patch

Anonymous said...

Well, I tried what you posted in replied to Gruck, however, the Setup keeps crashing in the middle of the install, so, it never reaches 100%.

Am I doing something wrong ?

BTW, my OS is Windows Professional XP SP3.

raevn said...

HEEEEEEEELP! I want to play this game so bad. Unfortunately, there's an error message saying 'Unable to set display mode to 1440x900x32'. My lappy only goes up to 1024x600. Is there any chance that I could make it work? My OS is Windows 7 Enterprise

BTW, I'm not very techy so could you dumb it down a little?

Anonymous said...

I managed to get the files downloaded. But when I tried to extract them I got CRC error messages and the extraction process would not complete. I took a screenshot of the files in question. There are 7 files that failed, all of them in the 1st and 2nd archive, mostly having to do with speech.flx and bitmaps.

My setup is 64 bit quad core and I'm extracting the files on Linux (Mint XFCE). I've tried as administrator too, still getting the same error during the extraction process. Yes, I know the game can't be run on Linux ... that's what my Windoze partition is for (strictly for this game, sheeesh). Anywaqy, if you can let me know what's wrong, that would be nice. Feel free to contact me here:
linwinux -AT- accesspurple -DOT- com

Jay Robinson said...




Hey everyone, the link given above for the download link is unfortunately not working! Such a waste of time! Anyway, I did some searching and finally found the file that is exactly we are looking for, and for the sake of good will, I will share it to you!

CLICK THIS LINK TO DOWNLOAD NOW!

CLICK THIS LINK TO DOWNLOAD NOW!


It is the direct download link of the true working file, hope I helped!