This is to fix the problem where you start the game and all you can see is a black screen and the hand pointer, but the wind sound can still be heard.
This is a problem with quicktime compatibility and there are two ways to get around it. Sometimes one works, sometimes the other, so I'm listing both. I prefer the second way because its easier, and it works more often than not.
1. Install the game from the CD. Only the game. It will ask to install a version of quicktime and direct x, say no to both of these.
2. Go to the Control Panel (start menu >> control panel), and double click the Quicktime icon. This brings up the Quicktime properties.
3. Click on the Advanced tab and tick the box next to Safe Mode. Then click ok.
4. Right click on the game shortcut on the start menu and click Properties.
5. In the Compatability tab tick the boxes next to Run in 256 colors, Run in 640 x 480 resolution and Disable visual themes. Then click ok.
The game should run without a problem now, however if it doesn't, or it crashes often try the second way.
1. Uninstall the version of Quicktime you have.
2. Install the game from the CD. Also install the Quicktime version when asked, but not the direct x.
The game should now work without problems.