Soul Reaver has problems with modern technology it seems....to the point where most people had to resort to running it in software mode to even play it....this meant no in-game movies...among other things...
Now though there is no need for software mode because of this fix....and the videos work perfectly....
This works on XP and Vista....not sure about Windows 7....but no harm in trying....Also I think in Vista most of these things need to be ran as administrator...
1. Install the game as usual from the CD.
2. Download the Official 1.2 Patch:
Mirror 1: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=626CMDKO
Mirror 2: http://www.4shared.com/file/ONRAY8qi/SR1-Patch-Eidos-12.html
3. Install the Official 1.2 patch.
4. Download the Unofficial Patch:
Mirror 1: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PLM5DO9G
Mirror 2 pt1: http://www.4shared.com/file/LJ_ddtRS/SR1_Vista_XP_Bink1.html
Mirror 2 pt2: http://www.4shared.com/file/ZgHwl-VE/SR1_Vista_XP_Bink2.html
5. Open your install folder (usually C:/Program Files/Eidos Interactive/Soul Reaver)....now copy all the contents of the unofficial patch zip(s) into that folder...if you are asked to replace things click "yes"....
The game CD is no longer needed after following these steps.