After installing patch 1.8 (World Adventures 2.3) you may have noticed...like me...that your custom content is missing...even Riverview....
Heres how I fixed it...
Before doing anything back up your save files (my documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3).
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you are just trying to fix Riverview ONLY do steps 2 and 7...
If you are only trying to fix the custom content do it all...otherwise you will break Riverview....Riverview cannot work any other way...I know....I've tried...
1. First download and install the installer helper (http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=344611)...restart your system when it asks you to.
If you own World Adventures you need to copy the resources.cfg and Mods folder from C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 to C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 World Adventures
2. Open the launcher and go through the installed content list deleting Riverview and all its objects...these are:
-Riverview - World
-Lotsa Lumber by Faux Pas Furnishings - Buy Object
-Checkered Silo - Buy Object
-Round Water Trough - Buy Object
-Not-So-Little Boxes - Buy Object
-Long Water Trough - Buy Object
-Sunflower Spa - Build Object
-Leftovers by Faux Pas Furnishings - Buy Object
-Mr. Turnwillow - Buy Object
-Wildly Western Door - Build Object
-Overalls with Long Sleve Shirt (x4) - Full Outfit
-Trulong Community School - Build Object
-City Hall - Build Object
-County Care General Hospital - Build Object
-Rock of Ancients - Build Object
-"Contented Cow" Advertisement - Buy Object
-Ye Olde Water Tower - Buy Object
-Solitude - Buy Object
-No Fishing! - Buy Object
-Athletic Announcement Sign - Build Object
-Doo Peas Corporate Towers - Build Object
-Water Tower with Checkered Border - Build Object
-Soll and Water Research Facility - Build Object
-Fort Salas Military Base - Build Object
3. Close the launcher and go into the save folder (usually my documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3)....copy the DCCache folder....open the game's install folder (usually C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 or C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 World Adventures for the EP)...open the Mods folder....and then paste the DCCache into the Packages folder
4. Go back into the main install folder (C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 or C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 World Adventures for the EP)...in there will be something called Resource.cfg...open it using notepad....below the last line copy and paste the text below:
5. Save the Resource.cfg and close the folder
6. Go into the save folder again (usually my documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3) and delete the DCCache, DCBackup, InstalledWorlds and SigsCache folders
7. Either re-download Riverview using the launcher...or download here (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PUNWM9K7 or http://www.4shared.com/file/GIqbyO6b/Riverview.html) if you don't want to sign in to the sims 3 site....when the download is complete install it as usual.
Note: The DCCache, DCBackup, InstalledWorlds and SigsCache folders will be re-created now...leave them there...otherwise it won't work.
It might be an idea to restart windows after all that....you know....just to make sure.....but after custom content and Riverview should turn up just fine.